Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Bath Time Post

I'm surprised poncho vendors haven't set up shop outside of our bathroom door!
You would think you were at the Niagra Falls Tour when you are in my bathroom with both of our kids. Drew and Emma love to splishy splashy around in the tub.
Ya'll know bath time is one of my favorite times of the day. The kids are so funny and everything smells so innocent and clean. I love it, but it's starting to get a bit drenched in there.
It is for that reason, and the fact that Emma loves to hold her breath and put her face under, that we've gotten to the point where we can only put a little tiny bit of water in the tub with her.
Yep, you read that right.... she holds her breath and puts her face under...... scares me to pieces, but she loves it. She's such a dare devil when it comes to water.... and her mama's not at all!
So we bath her in the super-shallow end to keep it as safe and dry as possible in our bathroom.
Drew is just the poor innocent little one playing with his "wabba duckies" off to the side (yeah right). And he'll be the first one to tell you that Emma is being messy and he's being a good boy when really he's instigated the whole thing. But the moment he flashes that "I know your not buying this for a second, Mama" smile, I break and let it go smiling right back at him.
I caught a couple of cute moments with them last night that I thought I'd share.
Do you see what I mean about the splashing!?!
She loves playing with her scoop.
Here she goes! She's about to hold her breath.
This is how happy she is after putting her face under the water.
I have to say that she is a cutie!
She just figured out that her brother has gotten into the tub with her
Her brother makes her so happy!
Nothin' sweeter than a clean baby in her bed.
She and Daddy are playing peek-a-boo before bedtime
She loves playing with her daddy

No comments: