Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Duck, Robot, Egg, and Watch.....

That was Drew's response to me when I asked him to spell his name back in January. I laughed and I couldn't, for the life of me, understand why he would answer like that. I thought it was clever and I knew there must be an explanation, but I didn't know from where it came.
It wasn't until a couple of days later when I was helping the kids put their toys away before bedtime that I made the connection......

There it was, a duck on his "D" block. Once I saw that, it hit me. That's where he saw it. I hunted down the other letters, and sure enough, Robot, Egg, and Watch... there they were. How in the world did he make that connection at that age? How did he remember the objects when he can't remember what he had for lunch sometimes? I so don't get it sometimes, but I guess that's what makes it fun.
It truly amazes me to hear and see some of the things that Drew comes up with. I am super excited that I have a whole lifetime of these things to hear about from him.

No comments: