Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Amazing Insight of a 12 Year Old

I was just scrolling through my home page on Facebook (you know how I love it) catching up on things when I saw a post from the hubby. It was about a 12 year old boy who was singing Paparazzi for his 6th grade choir show. He really was good. I was curious wanting to see other things that this little fella may have posted when I came across an interview with Ellen. At first I just thought "good for him" and pressed play. I listened to his 6th grade perspective and smiled thinking of all of the opportunity that is about to open up to this child when she asked him if he writes his own music.
His response took my breath away. He spoke about a song that he wrote called "Star." Ellen asked what it was about and he said it was about a wife who dies of cancer and goes into the stars and her husband shortly there after goes into the stars with her. Ellen asks where he got this idea and he says he doesn't really know, he just felt it.

Now how on earth did this 12 year old child, so eloquently describe a situation that I couldn't have fathomed unless I lived it. It just amazes me.

Here is the the song that he wrote, "Stars" and then the video of Paparazzi that blew up on YouTube.


No comments: