Sunday, April 3, 2011

Date Night

Nana and Papa were in town this past week.  They were on their way home from Florida, their "winter home."
Nana took some photos of Colin and me before we went on one of our date nights.
It's not often that going out to dinner does not include requesting a booth so we can "trap the kids in," cutting up someone's meal, and bolting right after we are finished eating.
On the contrary we sat at a proper table, I didn't cut up Colin's food for him, and we lingered and enjoyed dessert, drinks, and each other's company.
Colin made this particular date night extra special by taking me to the restaurant where we had our first date, PF Chang's.  I think I've told this story already, but it's not that we picked that restaurant for our first date, we just got too hungry to make it all the way into New Orleans from Mandeville on our first date so that was the first place we stopped.  Not that PF Chang's isn't a wonderful restaurant, I just planned on having a more "special place" as our first date, but we were ravenous.  But now I'm glad that it was the spot we landed because there are plenty of PF Chang's around and so we can relive that night whenever we want.  So that's exactly what we chose to do on our date night.
I was walking on clouds the whole night.  I was so proud to be on Colin's arm.  He was so sweet all night and treated me like a queen.
Then at the end of the night, he asked me to marry him all over again.  My heart pitter-pattered just like it did the first time he asked me.
It was a night to remember.  I know I'll never forget it.

431

432

IMG_2191

Date Night

No comments: