Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane

.... Don't know when I'll be back again.

My kids made me stop singing this on the day that we left.  Even at 3 and 4 they aren't amused by my singing  :(
Our trip to Sedona went very well.  I was pretty proud of the kiddos and their traveling abilities.
Mary was sweet enough to drive us to the airport so we wouldn't have to leave our car there for 2 weeks and we made it to the airport in plenty of time so we picked up some lunch there.  Then we waiting at the gate for a short while.  The airport was packed and our flight was full so I was a bit nervous.  You never know how the kids are going to react.
We boarded our plane with no problem and got ready to fly.  Drew had Bashful Bunny and Emma had her blankie so we were set.
They both loved take-off, but I noticed that Emma got really still and serious (which is abnormal) so I asked her if she was okay and she said yes, but her tummy felt funny.  I slapped some motion sickness bands on her wrists (I had them from my pregnancy and though since I've got them, I'll pack them because you never know).  They made her happy because she loves any accessory whether it's attractive or not, but she still had heavy eyes and she was asleep within 5 minutes (which was probably for the best with how she looked).
I think I printed off the entire internet's worth of color-by-numbers, word puzzles and mazes so Drew was quite content all the way to Las Vegas.  Toward the end of the flight, Emma woke up in a great mood and the kids had a blast together.
Once we got to Las Vegas we realized we had scheduled this all wrong.  We should have stayed the night there instead of Phoenix.  Colin and I love Vegas.  So many fun memories there ;)
But alas, we only got to see it from the airport.  Emma was rested up from her nap on the flight and she was ready to run.  Thankfully we had almost the whole concourse to ourselves, so she could do just that... run!
We grabbed dinner (it was strange, because now we were 3 hours behind our time zone, so we were having dinner at 4:00)  and got on our next flight.
We were in Phoenix in no time and ready for our vacay!

IMG_4761
Cuties!
IMG_4758
Keepin' them busy was key
IMG_4765
Silly girl
IMG_4775
Even Bashful Bunny was safe

No comments: