Thursday, September 20, 2012

Emma's First Day Of School

I can't describe the feeling of dropping off Emma in the mornings now.  I feel pretty lonely and empty at first.  Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a little time to myself for the first time in 5 years, but it's hard to get used to.
Emma is loving her school and her teacher absolutely adores her.  It makes me so happy when I pick her up the afternoon and ask her teacher how Emma's day was and her reply is, "Great as always.  She's easy peasy!"
I know I know!!!  For those of you that know her... I said that her teacher says she's "easy peasy!"
I knew it was going to be like that though.  She's so full of spunk, but I've always thought it was in the best of ways.  She's that girl that NO ONE is ever going mess with, but everyone loves.  She's easy going, yet no nonsense.  I love it!
And now her teacher has confirmed that it's not just my bias opinion, she really is like that!
Anyways, here are a few pictures of her first day of school.
We dropped Drew off at school and took her to Starbucks to spend her last hour of pre-pre-school with her.
It was a lovely morning and we just soaked it up!
When it was time for us to go, we forwent the car line and walked her in (Mom had to bring her camera of course).
Notice that there is not one shot of her face.

She never looked back.


UQ1A9281
Getting ready to leave the house
UQ1A9288
snuggled up to Daddy in the cold coffee shop
UQ1A9292
hanging out with Mommy before school
UQ1A9306
Walking Daddy to the door  :)
UQ1A9315
The brave girl never looked back

No comments: