Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting Organized For Back To School

We are in the midst of the back to school excitement and we are staying on top of things by staying very organized. I'll be posting some of the many ways that we are doing this over the next couple of weeks, but I thought I'd start here: school lunches. I now pack two lunches so it's important to keep things stocked up and easily accessible. I do this by portioning everything out as soon as we get home from the grocery. I get rid of all of the bulky boxes that clutter up the pantry (b/c I don't have loads of room in there) and I create a snack basket. 

UQ1A9872  As you can tell, Drew was with me at Target and was allowed to pick out the color scheme that we would use in the pantry, hence the green.  I love the plastic baskets because they are so easy to clean if they get crummy.

UQ1A9880 The pantry is organized, food is portioned, and I make as much as I can ahead of time.

One of my favorite go-to's is this waffle recipe.  I can make a ton of them ahead of time and freeze them.  Then I have the convenience of frozen waffles without feeling guilty about buying frozen foods for my kids.  I really love 100 Days of Real Food.  I use a recipe from this site at least once a day!

No comments: