Monday, August 24, 2009

Movie Night

Popcorn? Goobers? Mr. Pibb? Pick your poison. None of it was here at our house tonight, but we did manage to have "movie night" without it. Instead of this very typical theater menu, this mama made homemade toffee cookies and served milk with them. We opened up our new Winnie the Pooh movie, cozied up on the couch all fresh and clean after bath-time, and watched. Just like Christmas, we sat and enjoyed. Drew watched the movie and I watched Drew's eyes dance as Pooh and Christopher Robins sang about their friendship and I watched the excitement in his eyes as Pooh and Piglet ran from "huff-a-lumps". I soaked it all in (it's not every day that you can get a two-year-old to sit for as long as Drew sat to watch this movie.... especially two-year-olds named Drew). I do believe movie night takes the cake. It's better than just about anything in this world that I can think of. I love my family time and I love love love my little boy.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Oh how sweet! You and he will cherish these times when he's older too!