Sunday, October 26, 2008

At the Hospital

On the morning that Drew was due, I woke up at around 6:30 and I knew....."this is it....today is the day"  I couldn't believe it.  The time is here.  I didn't wake Colin up until about 8:30 or so.  I knew we had some time.  I made some phone calls to some friends, family, and of course the doctor, and then we were off by about 11:00 am.  They admitted us and there we were...in labor and delivery....having a baby.  I had the best nurse ever.  Her name was Joy and that couldn't have been a better name for her.  She was so good to us.  She even sends us cards every once in a while.
  I remember the Tour de France was on in the background.  I kept thinking to myself "at least I don't have it as bad as they do."  I tried to get through as long as I could naturally, but by about 1:00 I had had all I could take.  Joy told me, "Mary Beth, I know you want to do this naturally, but seriously girl, do you want to be superwoman, or do you want to enjoy the first few hours of his life, because if you don't take this epidural, you will only want to sleep and recover."  I really took that to heart, changed my mind, and took the epidural.  Boy am I glad I did.  It was a wonderful experience from there.
We had lots of visitors over the next few days and we just really enjoyed the whole experience.  What a "joy!"
Welcome to our family, my precious little angel

Daddy and I were so excited to have you! I was elated




I am so glad that Paw Paw had the privilege of holding you.

Your "Aunt Mary" fell in love at first sight!

"Aunt Mina" did too!

The most precious moments of my life

No comments: