Sunday, October 26, 2008

From the Beginning...

Well, I guess I should start from the very beginning. Halloween morning of 2006, I found out that I was pregnant. It was the classic moment. I woke Colin up, showed him the good news (I let him interpret the test through sleepy eyes) and he just looked at me with the biggest, sleepiest smile on his face, he picked me up and twirled me around the bathroom. We cried and laughed and everything else. It was about 6:00 am (or maybe even earlier) but we were now as awake as could be by that point. My pregnancy was wonderful. It's funny how we remember pregnancy as being so wonderful and we completely forget all of the hardships of it. I was not a pretty sight for the first 3 months, but of course it was all well worth it. Colin and I were so excited and all of our family and friends were so excited for us. (I have to add, I really had the cutest shower invitations ever made. I have to credit that to my friend, Crystal). The excitement of our first child was so overwhelming. I was truly on cloud nine. It was such a surreal time in my life. One of the most special moments of my pregnancy was at a family shower. My dad had signed his gift from him and my mom. I know it was something that my mom would have picked out (he knew that too) and so it was so special that he did that. Although she was not there with me physically, she was absolutely there with me every step of the way.




No comments: