Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last Halloween

Since I decided to start from the beginning, I am a bit far behind. Let's talk about last year's Halloween before we move onto this year. Drew was 3 months old so it was such an exciting time. I lost my father 3 days earlier, but my family decided that we were still going to celebrate Halloween. It was Drew's first after all. Things were rough, but all of my friends surrounded me with love and Colin quickly got the house ready for a Halloween party (flying ghost on a zip line, tailgate trick or treating, and all). Everyone came over, my sister and Larry stayed in town with us, and we had a great time. It was a great escape from the very emotional days surrounding it.
Drew had 4 costumes...yes that's right, I said 4. His daddy couldn't decide what he should be, so he was everything from an astronaut to a pirate. When I had him, he was a crawfish. I was the chef that carried him around in a cooking pot. It was great. Everyone at the party thought it was hilarious. They thought it was funny that Drew and I would run upstairs every once in a while for a "wardrobe change" like we were some kind of celebrities. We were treated like it that night though. We have great friends, and my husband is the best. Drew's first Halloween is such a success, that I hear we're having just as big (if not bigger) Halloween party this year. It's like the snowball effect, everyone is inviting their friends, so it's getting bigger and bigger!  I am really looking forward to it.
I'll have more on that later




No comments: