Monday, April 19, 2010

Funny Little Stories That I Don't Want To Forget

There have been so many little stories that I don't want to ever forget, but haven't seemed big enough for a "post" so I haven't shared them yet.
For example, the fact that right now everything is either "delicious" or "disgusting" with Drew. And if it's "delicious" he "devours" it. His vocabulary is really cracking me up. Well, part of it anyways. There are parts that aren't so funny to me and he's getting in trouble. When I tell him something that he's not too excited about, he says "what-ever" !!!!!! Where is that attitude coming from.... at 2!?!?!?!?!
Our little garden is going well so far. Most of our seeds have sprouted. Drew has done a fabulous job with this. He actually counted out the seeds (3 for each soil pellet) and put them in the little hole I made and then he covered each one up and caringly patted it safely in it's place. His favorites right now are the sunflowers because you can still see the seed cover at the top of a couple of them. He was really interested in the fact that for a short while there was a "green stick" coming out of his seed. I explained to him that that was a stem, but I don't think he really understands it (obviously... I mean, he is two)
He talks a lot about going to Grandmommy's and Paw Paw's (and yes, for those that are psycho-analyzing me right now, I acknowledge that this has a huge reason why I have put off putting this work behind me, but I'm dealing with it). He loves visiting their house and thinks of it as another play area where he gets to play with his South Carolina friend, James. The fact that he asks to go there tells me that the kids aren't "damaged" from our work weekends. On the contrary, they are learning hard work, perseverance, and family values. He has been really cute saying things like, "Mommy, we have work to do" and then he'll grab a tool, usually one of his toy tools but sometimes one of Daddy's "twisters" and tries to install a screw into Lily's cage. We have found quite a few screws in the top holes of Lily's cage. These are the "bread crumbs" or "footprints" of children that I try and appreciate rather than getting frustrated with.
He knows that when we are playing in the front yard or going for a walk that he has to stop when a car comes. He waves at every passer-by.
Hmmm... what else?
Today he has become very protective of his sister. Lily apparently crossed a line with Emma by getting on her hind legs near Emma. Well, Drew thought this was way too dangerous for Emma and went and knocked Lily down to her 4 legs and fussed at her. Then he proceeded to run to Emma to make sure that she was ok. He gave her a big hug. It was a mother's wish come true..... the big brother protecting his little sister. We definitely want him to keep this one up.
Those are just a few of the little things that have been going on around here.

No comments: