Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going Out In Barbie Style

Remember Barbie's pink Jeep?  I had the Corvette myself (of course for those of you that know my dad). But I remember her pink Jeep.  Well, we lived it up like Barbie while we were in Sedona.
We went on the Pink Jeep Tours.  We saw some of the most beautiful views ever while on this tour and were able to get to some areas that we certainly would not have made it to on our own.  I don't see us taking on any "rock crawling."
We had a great tour guide and took some beautiful pictures and even a video.  I wish I would have thought to take a video of the experience while we were doing some of our rock crawling, but I was too focused on holding on FOR MY LIFE!!!!
I was amazed at some of the things that Jeep could do.  There were times when we were on top of a boulder (literally) and pointed as though we were going to go right off the edge.  I thought to myself "hmmmm, how's he going to back down off of this?"  Nope, he drove us right off of it!!!!!  It was probably over 10 feet high!!!!!!
But we made it home to post some pictures!
A beautiful scene we were able to take in on our tour.


This would be a great ad for Pink Jeep I think.  I don't think it's so professional that it was shot from an iPhone though.


This is what the red rock looks like up close.  The iron content is what dictates the color of the rock.  The higher the iron content, the redder the rock.  Basically, the red rock is just rusty rock.  I think that's pretty cool.


This is the trail head to one of the mountain bike trails.  I would love to ride out there!  It seemed like a great place to ride.  Maybe our next visit.


It was hard to get a straight shot from inside the Jeep.  We were always off canter it seemed.


More beautiful scenes....














For me, this picture is really humbling.  It's just me and endless nature.  


This is Jeff, our tour guide.  He was great!  So funny and truly has a love of Arizona.

If you would like to watch a video from our rock crawling tour, click on the Sedona link at the top of the page (just under my banner picture) and it will take you to the links.




No comments: