Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rainy Day Art

It was one of those rainy days...

where all you want to do is curl up with a good book... or at least that's what I use to want to do before I was a mommy.  Now I'd rather get out the art supplies and play with the kids.
While Emma was napping, Drew and I decided that we would paint, color, and "marker" some of his work from his "Creation" lapbook.
Drew loved painting the best (as most kids do) and painted a great picture of the world.  He picked out blue and green after looking at a picture of the earth in his Bible.

Then we were on to the cover page of his lapbook.  He drew a picture of himself...

The picture of him and his family are in that top bubble in purple marker.  Mommy was an "M" and everyone else, including Lily, was just a scribble.
I barely caught this in a picture because we actually drew the picture in marker before we got the paints out, as soon as he got the paints out he smeared it.

       



Then he wanted to paint a rainbow
Drew also asked if he could "scissor" his paper.  I said he could.  Look at those "scissoring" skills!!!!!!!


Next it was just a free for all



He asked if he could scissor me out and I said no and told him that I didn't want to be cut out of the picture and gave him a very sad look.  He looked at me and gave me a hug and told me he wouldn't.  Then he pulled away and looked at me with a smile... just like I do to him when he needs to be comforted.  It was cute.
I'll post more about the Creation Lapbbook later as we complete more activities.

No comments: