Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello Two

Two years ago today, I woke up at around 6 am with a funny feeling. It wasn't long before I realized that it was time! Here it was, my due date. I went into labor on my own on my due date. What can I say? Daddy took me to the hospital at around 11 am. He was a lot more nervous than I was. The nurses checked us and said that "we were having a baby today." I don't think I've ever smiled so big in my life... my heart went aflutter. We settled into our room and turned on The Tour de France. We watched and cheered Lance on between contractions. His cadence kept me strong. Our nurse, Joy, was awesome (she still sends us cards). After 13 hours, at 7:07pm, we had our little baby boy. (unlike the guys in tour... I didn't have to do it over again for the next 20 days or so).
Now, here we are. You're an amazing little man. You're talking up a storm and you've got so much personality we don't even know what to do.
I hope you have an incredible year my sweet baby boy! There's so much to discover and learn. I can't wait to watch the world unveil itself to you.
We love you so much!
Mama and Daddy

No comments: