Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Snack-O-Lanterns and Mummy Pizzas

Ghoulish ghosts, beastly bats, creepy critters.... they are all invited to my house this year for Halloween.
I love Halloween.  I think because I love anything in the fantasy genre.  If I get to go crazy decorating... I'm all in!
What will we infest our entrance with this year?  I don't know, but it will be startling for our trick-or-treaters.
I also love to go crazy with haunting treats in October.  Witchy pancakes are green (and pumpkin spice are for Mama and Daddy), pizzas look like mummies

and oranges are transferred into jack-o-lantern serving dishes for fruit snacks.

I got these ideas from Family Fun
This year we have costume ideas organized and started. 
Drew was easy.  He's been wanting to be a truck for a while, so I found a monster truck costume that we'll spruce up with details.
Emma, well, her's is a bit of a funny story.  A couple of weekends ago, when we were at Beautiful People Eat Pork IV, Emma was being a fussy eater.  The only thing that perked her up were cookies.  She shunned away from BBQ, beans, potato salad and even apple pie.  Cookies were her only interest.  She would grumble and fuss, "cookie" and sounded just like Cookie Monster.  So that's it.  She's Cookie Monster.
I'm making that one, so you'll see pictures when I finish.
Well, I'm off to do more decorating.  I love to hear about fun Halloween ideas.
What are some of your favorite Halloween ideas?

2 comments:

Miss Janice said...

I LOVE the snack-o-lanterns and the mummy pizzas. My treats are not near as cute as these!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see their costumes! I was having a fantasy of Shelby being Little Bo Peep and Karis being a sheep, but Shelby wants to be a "bootiful pink princess," so that is out. Thanks for the reminder--I need to get on with the Halloween shopping!
--Angie