Sunday, December 21, 2008

Luminaries

Every year our neighborhood conducts a luminary night. It's really a beautiful thing. I look forward to it every year. We all buy our luminaries and the money goes to charity. We also "adopt" a needy family to give gifts to. It's really nice. I'm usually involved in this process because I was on the "social committee" before, but with such a busy year this year, I was unable to contribute by volunteering, but we were still able to participate of course. Anyways, it was beautiful as usual. We bundled the little guy up (he looked like the little one in "A Christmas Story.... everyone I'm sure remembers the scene: "Mom, I can't move my arms!!!" Yeah, that was Drewby, poor thing).   Anyways, we bundled him up, grabbed our lanterns and hot chocolate and off we went to stroll the streets and look at the lights. The pictures don't do it justice, but we thought we would try. Maybe the cheery season spirit will capture your hearts through these pictures or maybe through knowing what all of these luminaries mean to our community.



No comments: