Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rockets And Downtown Disney

Our last full day in Orlando was quite the grand finally.
We started the morning by walking around the neighborhood and going to a great spot by the big lake near the shops that Karen had recommended.
We sought this spot out so that we could watch a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral.
That's right... Drew got to watch his first NASA rocket launch. It was so awesome!
He loved it!
IMG_1790

After the rocket launch, we packed our stuff up and headed over to Disney one last time. I thought we would just spend the day walking around Downtown Disney. There was so much to see there that I wanted to go back.
First we went to T-Rex for some lunch.
Drew was a bit nervous and downright timid during the "thunder storms" but he loved the restaurant.
We did a little shopping in the gift shop afterwards and then headed out for some more sight seeing.

IMG_1794
This is Drew happily enjoying the cool dinosaur scenery. I was truly amazed by how much he knew. He knew the names of dinosaurs that I truly had NEVER EVEN HEARD OF!!! I have a dinosaur app on my phone that he loves to play with. Now I know he's paying attention!
IMG_1805
...and this was him during "the storm."  Poor little guy.  Don't worry, I invited him to come sit with me (right after I took this picture that is)

IMG_1811

We did some shopping in the toy stores and even stopped at a trendy boutique for me.
IMG_1810

We also stopped in at a candy shop and stopped to eat our goodies while watching the carousel and listening to the music.
IMG_1815


IMG_1821


IMG_1819

We walked around and looked at the You Can Fly hot air balloon and all of the other attractions that there were to see.
It was a great day and a great way to end a fabulous trip.

No comments: