Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wrapping It Up

I usually like to keep it happy and up-beat here, but I also want to keep it honest. I'm quite sad because today is my last day of maternity leave. I go back to work tomorrow. I'm trying to be as positive as I can about it. It's only 3 months until summer break. Then I'll be home again. But there's that part of me that just can't imagine being away from my children right now. It's a crime that maternity leave is so short (and I took extra time without pay!) I'm just soaking up as much time with them as I can. Right now I'm typing with one hand because I'm holding Emma. Her head is on my shoulder, and I'm giving her a bijillion kisses on her head as I type this. There is nothing better than the smell and feel of a baby's head and the sound of her little coos. I never want to forget this moment... the way that this feels. I've got Celine Dion's Miracle album playing on iTunes as we sit here too. It's a very sweet moment. I'm going now so that I can really enjoy it.

No comments: