Monday, May 25, 2009

The Perfect Day For "Pizzie" In The Park

Rainy days get the raw end of the deal all of the time. You always hear, "What a beautiful sunny day, it would be the perfect day for the park." Well, we put our own little twist on that.
Sunday, Colin decided that he really wanted to get out of the house on this rainy day. He gathered everybody up and took us to the park after picking up a pizza. I know, I know, not much of a picnic, pizza, but it was perfect for the spontaneous decision that got us outside on such a "lovely day."
We unloaded all of our gear (you know how that can get with two little ones), covered Emma up and walked out to the covered pavilion. It was such a wonderful time. I could have just kissed Colin for having such a great idea.... and I'm sure I did.
Drew had a great time playing just under the pavilion area where all of the tables were. It was his own little jungle gym. When it really rained, we all sat and watched, impressed by the downpour. When it wasn't raining, we walked around and enjoyed the wildlife.
There was an older couple out there as well and I smiled as I looked over at them when the rain began and saw the umbrella pop open. They had the same idea we did. They sat on that bench and enjoyed the peaceful rain too. I thought to myself, "that'll be Colin and me one day." I wish I had a picture of them to share with you, it would have made a good one, but there are some things that are best left to memory.... and respectfully, that is one of them.

Drew and Daddy enjoying their "pizzie" together. I love the way that Drew looks up to his daddy. This picture really captures that.

Emma enjoyed herself too even though she didn't get any "pizzie"

No comments: