Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Southern Mama's Biography

Hmmm... A bit about me. Well let's see, there's a lot to tell, so where to begin? I live in a small town outside of Charlotte, North Carolina.  Charlotte is where I was born and lived until I was in the 5th grade. In 5th grade we moved to Louisiana where my older sister, whom I am close to, still lives and is raising her family. So it's a bit confusing because now I'm back home, but I consider Louisiana my home too.
I am a graduate of LSU... Geaux Tigers!!! And I teach elementary grades now. I teach the gifted program at my school, so I teach all grade levels.

My parents were married for 37 years before my mother passed away from leukemia. My father passed away a little over a year later of a broken heart. He loved her so much and he just couldn't live without her. Theirs is an amazing love story.

My love-story-in-the-making is just as amazing.  My husband, Colin, is my best friend, soulmate,  and biggest supporter.  He has picked me up through some very tough times and a lot of loss, but most importantly he has given me the most precious times of my life.  He has shown me how to look at the bright side as much as possible, how to laugh at myself, and most of all, unconditional love.
We have two beautiful children together, Drew (19 months) and Emma Jane (8 weeks today), who are the center of our world..  We are excited about how close in age they are and we hope they will be best friends (at least most of the time anyways).

Our home is a happy, loud, loving place where we have lots of fun, regard the values of our past and, build new traditions for our future.  Where we savor slow conversation over sweet tea and good home cookin'.  Our home is a place where we live, laugh, and love.... a lot.

Some of my random "quarks":
I love to hang out on the couch at night with my hubby
I love to bake, just so I can lick the icing (or batter, or whatever I can get my hands on)
I can't sleep with socks on, therefore they end up on the floor at the foot of my bed at night in the winter
When I drive on the interstate and I change lanes, I am neurotic about not running over the reflectors 
I love word games (but since I've had 2 babies I've gotten much worse... hmm... not really sure what happened there)
I have become a girl who fits no molds, I'm not afraid to be myself, even though it is far from perfect...

No comments: